Sunday, November 06, 2005

Extract from Psalm 119 The Message


164 Seven times each day I stop and shout praises
for the way you keep everything running right.

165 For those who love what you reveal, everything fits--
no stumbling around in the dark for them.

166 I wait expectantly for your salvation;
GOD, I do what you tell me.

167 My soul guards and keeps all your instructions--
oh, how much I love them!

168 I follow your directions, abide by your counsel;
my life's an open book before you.

169 Let my cry come right into your presence, GOD;
provide me with the insight that comes only from your Word.

170 Give my request your personal attention,
rescue me on the terms of your promise.

171 Let praise cascade off my lips;
after all, you've taught me the truth about life!

172 And let your promises ring from my tongue;
every order you've given is right.

173 Put your hand out and steady me
since I've chosen to live by your counsel.

174 I'm homesick, GOD, for your salvation;
I love it when you show yourself!

175 Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well,
use your decrees to put iron in my soul.

176 And should I wander off like a lost sheep--seek me!
I'll recognize the sound of your voice.

No comments: