Monday, December 05, 2005

YOU'RE MY REFUGE


You're my refuge

You are Jehovah!



You are King and you are Lord

Who else could pick me up and turn me around?

Who else could put my feet on solid ground?

Who else could accept me as I am?

And perceive me as I will be?



Who else Lord?

But you my refuge, my Jehovah!



Who else can I turn to in times of trouble?

Who won't judge me or 'dis' me?

Saying why didn't I do this or I should have done that!

Who else can I look to for shelter in the hard times?

Who else?

Who else would lay down His life for me?

But you Lord, My refuge and my Peace!



You see He's my shelter in times of trouble

My refuge when things become difficult

He knows all about me

Even the number of hairs on my head

He loves me in spite of myself

He covers me at all times, my steps He's neatly ordered!



Who else can cover you even when you don't know you need covering?

Who else protects you from the wiles of the evil one?

Who else with a single word can calm a raging storm?

Who else but my shelter, my strong-tower,

My Lord God Jehovah!



His name is refuge

It's Banner, Sanctifier, Saviour, Forgiver, Master, Yahweh, Jehovah,

Redeemer, Rock, Shield, Instructor, Protector, Director...

His name is JESUS, MY REFUGE, in the midst of the storm

THAT'S WHO HE IS!



Jacqueline Peart

No comments: